Hot Shot Progressive Slot Review
The Hot Shot Progressive Slot is a much-awaited mix of a traditional fruit machine slot with modern graphics and visuals. The classic slot feel with a contemporary edge provides players with the best of both worlds. Another straightforward slot by Bally Technologies, a brand of Scientific Games, this game has a heat theme, with the seemingly heat radiating reels offering an engaging “smoking-hot slot” for simple gameplay.
Hot Shot Progressive Slot Visuals
The visuals of this slot are primarily themed on heat, with the background displaying hot ash and billowing orange flames. The overall background screams of hot, fiery lava.
The symbols look a little bit outdated and basic, but successfully give this slot a retro feel, replicating the land-casino style of the 90s. Many players have hailed the basic and no-nonsense design of this slot, saying it suits the game just fine. The overall sound effects seem to be straight out of a spy-thriller, increasing the nostalgic factor.
Hot Shot Progressive Slot Features
- This classic fruit machine style slot has 40 paylines and 5 reels, with 3 rows.
- The Hot Shot Progressive Slot is Bally Technologies’ attempt to combine several of their hit slots such as Blazing 7’s, Double Jackpot 7’s, Blazing Seven Times Pay etc into one progressive video slot, in the form of mini-symbols on the main reels which activate these games. This has proved to be a big hit with experienced gambles and fans of Bally’s slots.
- Anyone experienced with basic fruit machines will be very familiar with the basic symbols such as Dollar signs, Red 7’s, Golden Bells and single, double and triple BAR icons.
- The minimum bet in this slot is $0.40 per spin while the maximum is $24/spin. Winnings can vary between 10, 25 and 50 coins when the BAR symbols land on the 3rd, 4th and 5th reels, while landing the flaming 7’s can lead to wins of up to 1000x, 5000x or even 20000x.
- The interface is very user-friendly, and this slot is very easy to play even for beginners. Playing this slot is very straightforward as the bonus elements are very self explanatory.
- The main feature of this slot is the presence of the exciting mini-game symbol, which trigger several mini game modes, which would be explained below.
- This slot has an impressive RTP of 96.04% and the variance is fairly high, due to the generous jackpots on offer.
- On distinguishing feature in this particular slot is that there are no free spins. However, the varied bonus games on offer compensate for that.
How To Play Hot Shot Progressive Slot
- The basic controls of this slot game lie at the bottom of the display screen which shows all the reels and symbols.
- On the lower right-hand corner we can see the “ + and – ” signs which can be used to toggle your betting stake. The minimum bet per spin is $0.40 while the maximum bet is $24.
- In the middle of the control pad below the screen, click on the Spin icon to spin the slot machine.
- Next to the Spin icon, is a play/repeat icon which can be clicked for auto play. Which means you can set a fixed number of autospins at the same stake for faster gameplay.
- Below the control pad, at the bottom of the screen we can see our available balance, as well as our previous winnings and line-wise winnings.
- There are 7 different symbols on the screen, which are two triple 7’s, one with a flame on top and one without, a blue dollar sign, 3 different colored BAR symbols and a gold bell. There are also in-play symbols depicting the bonus modes of the slot.
- Players win when they land winning combinations of 3 or more. The flaming 7 symbols are the most valuable symbols, as getting 5 of them can earn 200 coins.
The main USP of this progressive slot, is the Game-in-Game feature. This feature involves 5 different bonus games which can be activated i.e. Diamond Line, Blazing 7’s, Double Jackpot, Blazing 7s Times Pay and Triple Jackpot. Landing any 3 of these symbols triggers the Game-in-Game scatter bonus. This feature only uses the centre payline and the wild for all the symbols is denoted by the Triple Jackpot symbol.
Triple Jackpot – Landing 1 Triple Jackpot symbol on a line will result in 3x winning combinations, while landing 2 will pay 9x. Landing 3 of the Triple Jackpot symbols can earn the player a mammoth 2000 coins, 3 Flaming Triple 7s will earn 40 coins and 3 Flaming single 7s will earn 20 coins.
Blazing 7s x 7 – Landing a Blazing 7s Jackpot symbol enables the player to earn 7x winning combinations, while landing two of them multiplies it by 7 for a 49x payout. Landing 3 of them however, pays a mammoth 20000 coins.
Double Jackpot – Landing a Double Jackpot symbol pays out 2x, while landing 2 of them pays out 4x. You can also win 4000x your line bet if this symbol crosses the middle of the 3 reels.
Diamond Line – This mode features a single payline, and prizes can be claimed when matching symbols land on the middle reel. A combination of the BAR symbols pays 40x the line stake, while triple flaming red 7 symbols can pay up to 400x.
Yes, this slot is free to play at many sites including CasinoTalk, where you can try out the demo for free to get a feel of the game before playing with real money.
In this particular slot is that there are no free spins. However, the varied bonus games on offer compensate for that.
The Hot Shot Progressive Slot uses Random Number Generators (RNG). Therefore there is no way to manipulate the outcomes, ensuring all spins are fair.